As someone who like playing there switch in handheld….I’m not that impressed.
Things I like:
- I don’t have to worry about the joy-con slipping off.
- equal weight distribution.
- The heat vent is WAY larger.
- The smaller controllers look easier to cup my hands around (That extra 2cm of wasted space on the joy-con is very noticeable in handheld mode).
Things I don’t like:
- joy-con plastic feels flimsy (I don’t know how I feel about having an entire console encased in it).
- “If a game supports Joy-Con functions such as HD rumble, IR Motion Camera and Joy-Con motion sensors, some features will not be available using Nintendo Switch Lite alone.” Is this referring to the gyro? If so, Splatoon (a game I play a lot in handheld) is going to be difficult to play.
- Replacing the sticks is going to be a nightmare.
Those are just my quick thoughts.