- Berry cooking
- Custom Pokèballs
- Totem Pokémon
- z crystals
- secret base
- roller blades
- Pokémon following you
- Crafting my own Pokèballs
- Night and Day transition
- Fun on the side mini games
- Berry farming
- Different types of battles (triple, double, rotation….)
- Sectioning the pokedex
- Mini tasks to keep your pc Pokémon busy
- pokedex pro
- Gimmicky regions
- Too many 1 on 1 fights
- Mega evolution
- No type chart in game
- Telling me what move to use
- Making me overpowered (super training) *I had too much fun playing those mini games.*
- Having 2 visions of a game and giving them both the same limited amount of Pokémon bar 3 (You have 720, you could have split them into 2 games)
- Getting the same story with no alteration between the two edition.
- Pointless legendries
- Not organising my inventory bag
- No repercussions for overly/under using a Pokémon (There the ones who keep bring up the ‘Friendship bond’ between you and your starter). *Don’t the others matter?*
- Being able to status heal without items wherever I want (If you want to keep the items in game you will need to put more restrictions on this mode).
- Not being able to look up Pokémon data during a fight (This is a basic rpg mechanic).
What I would like to see added.
- Joy-con z move dancing
- Distinctive egg designs
- Only tell me moves are effective after I have at least tried to use that move against them once before.
- Mini mission
- Slowly adding to a type chart as I encounter them
- Quiz me! Are you honestly worried about people getting overwhelmed, then ask them If they remember what they have seen so far (pokedex pro style).
- Condition battles (it’s odd to see Pokémon who can’t swim standing on water).
- No capturing of legends
- Customise the age of my character
- Pokémon sizes need to match the pokedex entries
- Update Pokémon cry sounds (mostly just the first 2 generation)
To me these aren’t really that big of an ask.
I’ve done it! I went though every Pokemon and created 7 charts.
I have lot of people bring up this topic, but they don’t really go that deep into why that’s the best/worst.
*What are ‘kind of’ designs? These are debatable Pokemon (they are not bad, but there not good).*
From this chart we can see that the fall in design quality actually started in started in Sinnoh.
My final findings were:
Unova, Kalos, Alola: They didn’t fail because they were bad, they failed because they played it too safe.
Johto surprising almost fell into this category; if it wasn’t for the table scraps of Kanto this entire region could of been a disaster.
What are your thoughts on this Data?
T-o Its not that good, but its not that big of a drop off from generation 4.
There are a lot more ‘questionable’ designs, but no real change to frequency of forgettable/bad designs.
I think the biggest problem with generation 5 is that it a lot of its designs straight up copy Pokemon from other generations ( I managed to almost fill a second document of Pokemon this generation copied).
To this day I still sometimes think Larvitar and Axew are the same Pokemon.
That’s not to say the new designs are not better then there originals, it just makes you wonder who on the design team thought this was a good idea to try and contend with them in the first place.
Why would you make an imitation of your own game????
*^-^ luckily for me gen 6 only has 72 Pokemon (I can get that done in no time).*
I have seen this happen way too often now!
Stop comparing your game to X/Y, you should be comparing to sun/moon!
Here are all the Pokemon from ultra sun/moon, they are the same as ‘let’s go’!
Sun/moon has the capability to put out HD!
Y_Y Be fare to a game engine that couldn’t push itself due to its hardware.
I’m sorry to tell you this, but ‘let’s go’ is running on sun/moon engine.
*Like every other remake game-freak has put out over the year.*
O_O I love seeing it run at full power, but don’t make up stuff just to make the game look better.
*This is why I wasn’t visually impressed by ‘let’s go’.*
Person: “It sold 3 million in one week!”
me: “It needs to sell between 8-12 million in total.”
me: “I just don’t think it can do it.”
Never underestimate how well Pokemon games sell (it’s all relative).
T-o Generation 8 has to hit 16 million in order to be considered and average!
I’m honestly confused about this.
I have been getting ‘let’s go’ garbage turning up in the news feed? It wouldn’t be so annoying if ‘let’s go’ didn’t have its own channel.
O_O I don’t care who Liam and or bird man are, stop filling my news with stuff I didn’t subscribe to.
There not even reviews!!! Anyone can just pull a random fan off the street to talk about how grand a game there obsessed with is.
If your going to do that Nintendo can we please have a name that holds some weight.
At the moment you may as well say Stevens mum loves the game.
mum: “It was a magical experience”
A new tallier dropped… and people seem a little confused.
trailer *hyper link*
I look at the marketing for this game and I’m just left baffled by some of the choices they make.
Hello little kids, did you play red/blue/green/yellow, watch the first season of the anime and read the manga. O_O WHO IS THIS GAME FOR!
I just don’t understand why you would clearly make a game for 3-7 year olds and market it to 30-40 year olds.
Since my week has gone really bad I have started on my mission early.
mission: review all 720 Pokemon.
I have always been a little bit curious about which Region has the best designed Pokemon.
Good: designs you can remember and identify fast.
kind of: There not bad, but there not good.
Bad: What were they smoking!
*The document goes into deeper detail*
I want to finally figure out which region has the worst Pokemon (It’s an argument that no one has ever sat down and tried to solve).
The problem with Pokemon games (my problems with ‘let’s go’).
XD I have a lot of frustrations with this game series.
^-o That dead line actually motivated me to reach my goal (I wanted to double my word count). one can easily loose focus when trying to compile all there thoughts into one document.
^-^ Think I’m getting close to doing the final draft!
Hope someone will want to read it when i’m done.
Additional: Going to be taking a weeks brake from this project (the next sections that I will be tackling is going to be a pain).