I want to talk about this from the side of someone who like games.
Do I think the graphics look good? no, it looks really bad at times.
The shadows seemed to have a mind of there own.
Even when the girl leaves the house (15-17sec) the shadow on the ground looks like it’s having seizure.
Plus you have to love that poor Photoshop background during fights.
How could we leave out the beauty of the trees.
If it wasn’t for the detail of the charterers models, I could easily confuse this for a ps2/ xbox 360 game.
The only section that looked good was when they were doing the rotation shot.
This definitely feels like they just tweaked the 3ds engine.
I hope that a lot of these things are just stand-ins and will be fixed in the final product.
XD It has been a long time since I have seen this happen.
What you are meant to do is walk though this door and load the next section….that not what happened to me. For some reason my characters continued walking upwards until they went though the edge of the screen.
O_O I was just stuck staring at this cave, unable to do anything.
There is no hope.
Additional: just got an update for the game; I can now go though the door.
Is that Manchester? you great industrial city.
XD I can’t make sense of this map, is that pool of water meant to the lake district? I presume the hills around it are the pennine way?
O_O Wait, I think I see the houses of parliament in Scotland…yeh I can see the eye.
If that is ‘Standedge Tunnel’ then that city has to be Manchester.
Hadrian’s wall is looking awfully tall.
p.s look up celtic hill chalk drawings.
It feels like when ever you want to play game that is small on you switch you get villainized for it.
game reviewer: “The eshop is filled with all these small trash games.”
me: “I like those games.”
I came from the 3ds to the the switch, meaning that I’m a lot more familiar with the studio names of a lot of these smaller groups. If you used the 3ds eshop you know there are lot worse games then what have been popping up in the switch shop (I would barely call them games). We handheld gamer have are own style of games we like to play!
*Maybe they should split us into two sections.*
I have had my fill of ‘Dungeon Village’ and am now moving onto ‘pocket academy’.
Think I like these games because they reminds me of ‘CIRCLE Entertainment’ games, without all the horrible glitches. I have a bad relationship with this company, to the point where I associate there name with: unfinished and poorly programmed.
T-o I spent a lot of my time trying to teach people on the miiverse how to play there 3ds games (I was basically there Q&A). The tutorials were really bad at telling you how to play.
kairosoft games kind of fall under the same category of: Don’t explain how the mechanics work. “I accept your challenge game!”
T-o I don’t own a smart phone (I don’t want one).
It took 77 rounds, but I did it!
I have it screen shot of it on my switch (I have no way to post it at the moment).
^-O I was so happy I got DB to text an image of the screen to my mum. she didn’t really understand, but still gave me a thumbs up regardless.
Has there ever been a better excuse to pour yourself a victory glass of your valentines present.
Here is the reason, the mini was originally brought up by different publication for a strange illogical reasons, “The ‘switch’ is too heavy for children to hold.”
Really? Lets just compare the weight of the ‘switch’ to the ‘wii u’ game pad:
*They both have links*
It actually weighs less then the console that was designed for children (the wiiU console weighs 1.6kg). The only difference is that the ‘wii U’ distributes its weight more evenly. Making it smaller won’t fix the fact that the switch console is heaver then the joy-cons.
Would a mini make it more portable? yes and no.
My biggest problem with the ‘switch’ isn’t its size, it’s the lack of protection that make me worry. The screen has nothing to protect it, the joy-con feel flimsy and the shell feels too thin.
I feel like the slightest breeze will brake it faster then a smart phone screen (not to mention water damage).
What would I want in a switch remodel?
- Bigger battery.
- Doesn’t play big games (keep price down).
- No card slot.
- Shock absorbing shell.
- Something to cover the screen.
- A more secure place to put joy-con when not in use.
- No NFC reader (Why would I be carrying a amiibo when I’m outside).
- No HD rumble (You can’t really feel it in portable mode anyway).
- Compact joy-cons (use the thumb stick from the 3ds/2ds)
- Resistive touchscreen
This way you can have both you big model and little model coexisting.
- Berry cooking
- Custom Pokèballs
- Totem Pokémon
- z crystals
- secret base
- roller blades
- Pokémon following you
- Crafting my own Pokèballs
- Night and Day transition
- Fun on the side mini games
- Berry farming
- Different types of battles (triple, double, rotation….)
- Sectioning the pokedex
- Mini tasks to keep your pc Pokémon busy
- pokedex pro
- Gimmicky regions
- Too many 1 on 1 fights
- Mega evolution
- No type chart in game
- Telling me what move to use
- Making me overpowered (super training) *I had too much fun playing those mini games.*
- Having 2 visions of a game and giving them both the same limited amount of Pokémon bar 3 (You have 720, you could have split them into 2 games)
- Getting the same story with no alteration between the two edition.
- Pointless legendries
- Not organising my inventory bag
- No repercussions for overly/under using a Pokémon (There the ones who keep bring up the ‘Friendship bond’ between you and your starter). *Don’t the others matter?*
- Being able to status heal without items wherever I want (If you want to keep the items in game you will need to put more restrictions on this mode).
- Not being able to look up Pokémon data during a fight (This is a basic rpg mechanic).
What I would like to see added.
- Joy-con z move dancing
- Distinctive egg designs
- Only tell me moves are effective after I have at least tried to use that move against them once before.
- Mini mission
- Slowly adding to a type chart as I encounter them
- Quiz me! Are you honestly worried about people getting overwhelmed, then ask them If they remember what they have seen so far (pokedex pro style).
- Condition battles (it’s odd to see Pokémon who can’t swim standing on water).
- No capturing of legends
- Customise the age of my character
- Pokémon sizes need to match the pokedex entries
- Update Pokémon cry sounds (mostly just the first 2 generation)
To me these aren’t really that big of an ask.
I have seen this happen way too often now!
Stop comparing your game to X/Y, you should be comparing to sun/moon!
Here are all the Pokemon from ultra sun/moon, they are the same as ‘let’s go’!
Sun/moon has the capability to put out HD!
Y_Y Be fare to a game engine that couldn’t push itself due to its hardware.
I’m sorry to tell you this, but ‘let’s go’ is running on sun/moon engine.
*Like every other remake game-freak has put out over the year.*
O_O I love seeing it run at full power, but don’t make up stuff just to make the game look better.
*This is why I wasn’t visually impressed by ‘let’s go’.*
I’m honestly confused about this.
I have been getting ‘let’s go’ garbage turning up in the news feed? It wouldn’t be so annoying if ‘let’s go’ didn’t have its own channel.
O_O I don’t care who Liam and or bird man are, stop filling my news with stuff I didn’t subscribe to.
There not even reviews!!! Anyone can just pull a random fan off the street to talk about how grand a game there obsessed with is.
If your going to do that Nintendo can we please have a name that holds some weight.
At the moment you may as well say Stevens mum loves the game.
mum: “It was a magical experience”
A new tallier dropped… and people seem a little confused.
trailer *hyper link*
I look at the marketing for this game and I’m just left baffled by some of the choices they make.
Hello little kids, did you play red/blue/green/yellow, watch the first season of the anime and read the manga. O_O WHO IS THIS GAME FOR!
I just don’t understand why you would clearly make a game for 3-7 year olds and market it to 30-40 year olds.